Monday, June 8, 2009

"The Tides" or "The Little Rooster and The Continental Divide" or "The Little Rooster That Could"

There is a photograph in my portfolio of a young bird.
He is standing lonely as they come
waiting on the world.

I took this photo Halloween of this year, with no one around.
No parents. No pretense. no structure. no divide.
the bird looked up at me, with staged, clear eyes. Guarded but secure. Ambivalent. Defined.
In one shot, I saw his reasoning.
In one shot I saw his sign.



Yesterday I received an email stating this:

"...in checking out your website saw a photo of my son "Reed". We nicknamed him Reedy the Rooster for his consistent ability to wake us every morning and dressed him as a rooster for halloween this year."

I thought 'how brilliant- how perfect. what a world so small'
When one figure confronts us, the other will feel the pull.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I love this little piece. It's a magical story to go along with the photo.

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josefina aka FiskenJune 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM

    Amazing! I love this one.

    ReplyDelete